Friday, November 2, 2007

Zoho, Zoho, It's Off to Work I Go!

I was first introduced to Web-based applications while exploring Flickr earlier on in this learning journey. All of the writing applications caught my eye immediately, but since my interest in them had nothing to do with photos, I didn't blog about them. NOW'S MY CHANCE!

I love the idea of being able to write, write, write, right where you're at and then save it and pick it up later at any computer without any disks, CDs, flash-drives, etc. I have a lot of questions that I'll have to explore, though: can you convert a web-based application file into other programs, such as Word? If so, are there glitches? I'm imagining there will be some, considering I couldn't get Zoho Writer to do some things I know Word can. I believe there is a Microsoft web-based application (yep, I just double-checked: Windows Live Writer), so using that in lieu of Zoho might take care of potential conversion problems.

My previous post is a test document I published from Zoho. Some of the spacing got messed up, so the design I was going for is a bit lost. I know the Writer program isn't meant for designs, but I wanted to see if it would work anyway.

No comments: