Friday, November 2, 2007

Web 2.0 Award Winner

I'm completely out of touch with instant-messaging these days, but boy, if I was still IMing I'd be WAY in touch. With a lot of people. That's because I'd be using meebo. This chat tool allows you to Web talk any day from anywhere. Not on your own computer? Not a problem. You can gab using ANY chat service with which you have an account (AIM [what I used to use], Google Talk, ICQ, Jabber, MSN, Yahoo!). And, no downloads or installs! Now, that's cool. Oh, and add Meebo Me to your blog and you'll be able to talk to visitors! Now, as for using this in a library setting, the site has librarians listed in in its example of users. I'm sure it comes in handy for reference questions, especially since it keeps chat logs that librarians can refer back to while researching for answers or pull information from for similar, future queries.

No comments: