Thursday, November 1, 2007

Library Lovers Unite (With Technorati?)!

I think the thing that surprised me most about Technorati is how so many of the popular blogs had to do with gadgets and gizmos. I wonder if the name of the site correlates with that? I'm sure the word "Technorati" draws a lot of techies.

I was also surprised that "library" is one of the site's top searches. Sure, a lot of people I know love libraries, but I can't imagine that library lovers everywhere sit around plugging the word "library" into Technorati's search box. I'm thinking it has something to do with the Library 2.0 craze. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope so. Library lovers unite!

Actually, even as I typed that cheesy last line that was supposed to end this post, I thought about this time when a friend of mine and I discovered that we both shared a fascination for libraries and books and being in and around them. We were thrilled to know another like-mind. In fact, that's always the way it is when I meet another bookworm. It's like this special, fabulous society. Well, at least I feel that way. Maybe I'm just kind of dorky. BUT, if I'm not (but I am) AND if every library lover wants to connect with other people who dig books, well, it would make perfect sense that "library" is a top search on Technorati. The end.

No comments: