Tuesday, October 30, 2007

RSS is A-OK

I never noticed that little RSS symbol on Web pages... until now! They practically yell out to me from nearly every page.

It's funny, because I took a short break from Library 2.0 to check my e-mail and a couple of my friends who have a blog about their new baby sent me a message telling me it's updated. So, I was clicking from page to page, photo to photo, when I realized the little orange RSS box on one of their pages. Of course, my friends were the first added to my Blogline! Knowing about this is going to make it so much easier for me to stay in touch with out-of-state friends and family who blog. One click and they're all there.

Also, I created a Feedster search for Web news about our Library, which is going to make finding any national stories about PLYMC way easier next time around. Last time, I was Googling left and right.

No comments: