Sunday, October 28, 2007

Flickr

I am sure I have devoted way more time than I have to finish Library 2.0 by playing around with Flickr-related mashups. I've even checked out many nonFlickr mashups (one of my favorites is Writer by Flickr guru fd). I would really like to make a photo mosaic once I have a large pool of my own pics. There are many mosaic mashups: Montager, Mosaic Maker, mosaickr and zumyn. I'll probably use mosaickr because I'd like to make the mosaic's master photo one of my own; mosaickr has this capability and seems easy to use. INTERESTING FIND WHILE USING MONTAGER: While creating a mosaic with images tagged Frank Sinatra, one of the photos that came up was a mugshot of ol' blue eyes dated Nov. 27, 1938! OK, so that's not a complete surprise to me. BUT, upon clicking the photo, I found that a supposed mugshot of Bill Gates is attached to the top of the image. The date is Dec. 13, 1977. That does surprise me. The person who uploaded it says it's the real thing...

No comments: