Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Dew It Yourshelf

LibraryThing is a dream come true for folks like me ... chronic book hoarders who have know idea how to properly organize their shelves. Alphabetizing works, but I like to have some sort of categorical organization. When I start that and there seems to be overlap, I throw the book into one of the several categories I'm thinking of, only to have trouble finding it later (is the collection of Abe Lincoln speeches in political science or history? I don't even think I have a collection of Lincoln speeches, but you get the picture). Now, with the aid of LibraryThing, I can type in the ISBNs, organize the way Dewey would and have my books straight in no time! Woo hoo! There's going to be one wild cataloging party at my place soon!

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/DewItYourshelf

No comments: